Scoped Carbine 1 topics include optic selection, ammunition selection, scoped carbine setup, zeroing, external ballistics, close, intermediate, and long range engagement techniques, traditional and unconventional positions, and the use of artificial support and barricades. Carbines will be employed at distances of 10-600 yards.
Scoped Carbine is not a beginners course. Intro to Carbine is appropriate for those with no prior carbine experience.
Scoped Carbine – Required Gear List
- Reliable carbine (5.56, 7.62×51, 6.8 SPC, 6.5 Grendel are all fine)
- Magnified optic (1-4x,1-6x, or 1-8x, recommended, fixed 3x or 4x works too)
- Scope tools and owner’s manual
- Back up iron sights or optics
- 300 rounds of match ammo
- 90 rounds of ball ammo (total of 390 rounds minimum)
- Quality 2-pt adjustable sling
- Minimum of three 30-rd magazines (one 20-rd magazine recommended)
- Rear bag
- Shooting mat
- Weapon cleaning kit & lube
- Hearing/eye protection
- Clothes appropriate for the season and a high altitude desert
- Long sleeve shirt & pants, (no low cut open tops that can catch hot brass)
- Closed-toed athletic/outdoor footwear
- Water bottle, water, snacks, lunch
- Sunscreen & Chapstick
NOTE: AR pistols or rifles of questionable quality or in questionable condition will not be
appropriate for this course. We will be conducting live-fire drills, so firearms must be reliable,
reloadable, and safe for use.
Questions? Contact your Lead Instructor prior to the course start date.
*All students must either be existing QPro Defense clients, possess a NM CHL, or submit to a criminal background check. Law Enforcement, Active Military, and first responders are exempt from this requirement