Scoped Carbine 1 topics include optic selection, ammunition selection, scoped carbine setup, zeroing, external ballistics, close, intermediate, and long range engagement techniques, traditional and unconventional positions, and the use of artificial support and barricades. Carbines will be employed at distances of 10-600 yards.
Scoped Carbine is not a beginner’s course. Intro to Carbine is appropriate for those with no prior carbine experience.
$200+tax/8+hours Scoped Carbine topics include optic and zero selection, scoped carbine setup, close, intermediate, and long range engagement techniques, traditional and unconventional positions, movement and the use of barricades/cover. You will need a low-variable power scope (1-4x, 1-6x, or 1-8x recommended), all scope tools and manuals that came with it, back up iron sights or RDS (Magpul Pro 45* offset BUIS) a carbine (14.5”-18”), 300 rounds of match ammo/90 rounds of ball ammo (5.56, 6.8, 7.62×51 or 6.5 are fine), a quality sling (2-pt recommended), a bipod (Harris BR-S recommended), a minimum of 3 magazines, a rear bag, shooting mat, clothes appropriate for a high altitude desert environment, and a pack lunch. Scoped Carbine is not a beginners course. Intro to Carbine is a prerequisite. Our Intro to Carbine Course is appropriate for those with no prior Carbine experience. *All students must either be existing QPro Defense Clients, possess a NM CHL, or submit to a criminal background check. Law enforcement, Active Military, and First Responders are exempt from this requirement. Register at https://www.quietprofessionaldefense.com/product/scoped-carbine-1/
Scoped Carbine – Required Gear List
- Reliable carbine (5.56, 7.62×51, 6.8 SPC, 6.5 Grendel are all fine; 14.5”-18”)
- Low-variable Power Scope (1-4x,1-6x, or 1-8x, recommended)
- Scope tools and owner’s manual (everything that came with the scope)
- Back up iron sights or RDS (Dueck Defense or Magpul Pro 45* offset BUIS recommended)
- 300 rounds of match ammo
- 90 rounds of ball ammo (total of 390 rounds minimum)
- Quality 2-pt adjustable sling
- Bipod (Harris BR-S recommended)
- Minimum of three 30-rd magazines (one 20-rd magazine recommended)
- Rear bag
- Shooting mat
- Weapon cleaning kit & lube
- Hearing/eye protection
- Clothes appropriate for the season and a high altitude desert
- Long sleeve shirt & pants, (no low cut open tops that can catch hot brass)
- Closed-toed athletic/outdoor footwear
- Water bottle, water, snacks, lunch
- Sunscreen & Chapstick
NOTE: ARs, pistol caliber carbines or rifles of questionable quality or in questionable condition will not be
appropriate for this course. We will be conducting live-fire drills, so firearms must be reliable,
reloadable, and safe for use.
Questions? Contact your Lead Instructor prior to the course start date.
*All students must either be existing QPro Defense clients, possess a NM CHL, or submit to a criminal background check. Law Enforcement, Active Military, and first responders are exempt from this requirement