Our Kinetic Carbine 1 course is a 1 day, 8-hour class that will build shooters knowledge and skills with the AR-15 style carbine. Shooters will confirm zero and then begin application of Advanced Marksmanship skills, traditional and unconventional positions, movement and the use of barricades/cover, and more. Shooters will leave the course with a demonstrated knowledge of how to most effectively employ the carbine.
Kinetic Carbine 1 is not a beginner’s course. Our Intro to Carbine Course is appropriate for those with no prior Carbine experience.
*All students must either be existing QPro Defense Clients, possess a NM CHL, or submit to a criminal background check. Law enforcement, Active Military, and First Responders are exempt from this requirement.
Kinetic Carbine – Required Gear List
- AR-style carbine/rifle/Pistol Caliber Carbine (PCC)
- 500 rounds factory ammo for carbine recommended (no reloads)
- Rifle magazines, standard 30 round capacity (3 min)
- 2 point adjustable rifle sling (S2Delta, Ferro Concepts, Vikings Tactics, Magpul, BFG, etc.)
- Rifle magazine pouch(s) (minimum of 2 recommended)
- Duty Handgun
- 200 rounds of factory ammo for handgun recommended (no reloads)
- Handgun magazines (3 min)
- Duty Holster (strong side outside the waistband, no shoulder or cross draw holsters)
- Sturdy pistol belt
- Pistol magazine pouch(s)
- Knee Pads (recommended)
- Elbow Pads (optional)
- Weapon cleaning kit & lube
- Hearing/eye protection
- Clothes appropriate for the season and a high altitude desert
- Long sleeve shirt & pants, (no low cut open tops that can catch hot brass)
- Closed-toed athletic/outdoor footwear
- Water bottle, water, snacks, lunch
- Sunscreen & Chapstick
NOTE: Carbines, PCCs or rifles of questionable quality or in questionable condition will not be
appropriate for this course. We will be conducting live-fire drills, so firearms must be reliable,
reloadable, and safe for use.
Questions? Contact your Lead Instructor prior to the course start date.