Our Kinetic Carbine Level 1 course is a 1 day, 8-hour class that will introduce students to the AR-15 style carbine. Students alike will learn proper firearms handling and safety, Carbine zero, manipulation, Advanced Marksmanship, intermediate range engagements, traditional and unconventional positions, movement and the use of barricades/cover, and more. Students will leave the course with a working level of knowledge of how to safely and effectively employ the carbine.
Kinetic Carbine 2 is not a beginner’s course. Kinetic Carbine 1 is a prerequisite to enroll in Kinetic Carbine 2. Our Intro to Carbine Course is appropriate for those with no prior Carbine experience.
*All students must either be existing QPro Defense Clients, possess a NM CHL, or submit to a criminal background check. Law enforcement, Active Military, and First Responders are exempt from this requirement.
Kinetic Carbine – Required Gear List
- AR-style carbine/rifle/Pistol Caliber Carbine (PCC)
- 350 rds ball /200 rds frangible for rifle calibers/PCC shooters need 550 rounds of ball (FEDERAL LAKE CITY 5.56X45MM AMMO 50 GRAIN NON-TOXIC FRANGIBLE SOFT POINT – XM556NT1 strongly recommended)–factory ammo for carbine (no reloads) – you can purchase it on the Carbine Class page located under Scoped Carbine
- Rifle magazines, standard 30 round capacity (3 min)
- 2 point adjustable rifle sling (Vikings Tactics, Magpul, Blue Force Gear, etc.)
- Rifle magazine pouch(s) (minimum of 2 recommended)
- Duty Handgun
- 200 rounds of factory ammo for handgun/PCC shooters will need 200 more rounds for handgun (no reloads)
- Handgun magazines (3 min)
- Duty Holster (strong side outside the waistband, no shoulder or cross draw holsters)
- Sturdy pistol belt
- Pistol magazine pouch(s)
- Knee Pads (recommended)
- Elbow Pads (optional)
- Weapon cleaning kit & lube
- Hearing/eye protection
- Clothes appropriate for the season and a high altitude desert
- Long sleeve shirt & pants, (no low cut open tops that can catch hot brass)
- Closed-toed athletic/outdoor footwear
- Water bottle, water, snacks, lunch
- Sunscreen & Chapstick
NOTE: AR pistols, carbines, PCCs, or rifles of questionable quality or in questionable condition will not be
appropriate for this course. We will be conducting live-fire drills, so firearms must be reliable,
reloadable, and safe for use.
Questions? Contact your Lead Instructor prior to course start date.