Our introductory carbine course is a 1 day, 8-hour class that will introduce students to the AR-15 style carbine. New and experienced students alike will learn proper firearms handling and safety, maintenance, marksmanship fundamentals, malfunction clearances, reloads, and more. Students will leave the course with a working level knowledge of how to safely and effectively employ the carbine.
Introduction to the Carbine – Required Gear List
- AR-style carbine/rifle
- 400 rounds of 5.56/.223 factory ammo for carbine (no reloads)
- Rifle magazines, standard 30 round capacity (3 min)
- 2 point adjustable rifle sling (Vikings Tactics, Magpul, Blue Force Gear, etc.)
- Rifle magazine pouch(s) (minimum of 2 recommended)
- Weapon cleaning kit & lube
- Hearing/eye protection
- Clothes appropriate for the season and a high altitude desert
- Long sleeve shirt & pants, (no low cut open tops that can catch hot brass)
- Closed-toed athletic/outdoor footwear
- Water bottle, water, snacks, lunch
- Sunscreen & Chapstick
NOTE: AR pistols or rifles of questionable quality or in questionable condition will not be
appropriate for this course. We will be conducting live-fire drills, so firearms must be reliable,
reloadable, and safe for use.
Questions? Contact your Lead Instructor prior to the course start date.