Our introductory carbine course is a 1 day, 8-hour class that will introduce students to the AR-15 style carbine or Pistol Caliber Carbine (PCC). New and experienced students alike will learn proper firearms handling and safety, maintenance, marksmanship fundamentals, malfunction clearances, reloads, and more. Students will leave the course with a working level knowledge of how to safely and effectively employ the carbine.
Introduction to the Carbine – Required Gear List
- AR-style carbine/rifle/ Pistol Caliber Carbine (PCC)
- 200 rounds of 5.56/.223/9mm factory ammo for carbine/PCC (no reloads)
- 50 rounds of ammunition in the correct caliber for your handgun (no reloads)
- Rifle magazines, standard 30 round capacity (3 min)
- Handgun w/holster, pistol belt, magazine pouches (2 recommended) and 3 standard capacity magazines
- 2 point adjustable rifle sling (Vikings Tactics, Magpul, Blue Force Gear, etc.)
- Rifle magazine pouch(s) (minimum of 2 recommended)
- Weapon cleaning kit & lube
- Hearing/eye protection
- Clothes appropriate for the season and a high altitude desert
- Long sleeve shirt & pants, (no low cut open tops that can catch hot brass)
- Closed-toed athletic/outdoor footwear
- Water bottle, water, snacks, lunch
- Sunscreen & Chapstick
NOTE: AR carbines, rifles, or PCCs of questionable quality or in questionable condition will not be
appropriate for this course. We will be conducting live-fire drills, so firearms must be reliable,
reloadable, and safe for use.
Questions? Contact your Lead Instructor prior to the course start date.