Our introductory carbine course is a 1 day, 8 hour class that will introduce students to the AR-15 style carbine. New and experienced students alike will learn proper firearms handling and safety, maintenance, marksmanship fundamentals, malfunction clearances, reloads, and more. Students will leave the course with a working level knowledge of how to safely and effectively employ the carbine.
Introduction to the Carbine – Required Gear List
- AR style carbine/rifle
- 200 rounds of factory ammo for carbine (no reloads)
- Rifle magazines, standard 30 round capacity (3 min)
- 2 point adjustable rifle sling (Vikings Tactics, Magpul, Blue Force Gear, etc.)
- Rifle magazine pouch(s) (minimum of 2 recommended)
- Weapon cleaning kit & lube
- Hearing/eye protection
- Clothes appropriate for the season and a high altitude desert
- Long sleeve shirt & pants, (no low cut open tops that can catch hot brass)
- Closed toed athletic/outdoor footwear
- Ball cap
- Water bottle, water, snacks, lunch
- Sunscreen & Chapstick
NOTE: AR pistols or rifles of questionable quality or in questionable condition will not be
appropriate for this course. We will be conducting live fire drills, so firearms must be reliable,
reloadable, and safe for use.
Questions? Contact your Lead Instructor prior to course start date.