New Mexico Concealed Handgun License Course
Our NM Concealed Handgun Licensing course is a 2 day, 16 hour course that meets and exceeds New Mexico Department of Public Safety requirements for concealed carry licensure. Not only will students learn how to safely carry a concealed handgun in accordance with NM local, state and federal laws pertaining to concealed carry, they will also learn proper firearms handling and safety, maintenance, marksmanship fundamentals, presentation from a holster, conflict resolution and avoidance, handgun nomenclature, disassembly, maintenance, assembly, function check, methods of carry, drawing from a holster, drawing from concealment, liability, and actions to take after a use of force. Students will leave the course with a working level knowledge of how to safely and effectively employ the handgun.
New Mexico Concealed Handgun License Course – Required Gear List
- Handgun (Semi auto, revolver, min .32 caliber, max .45)
- 250 rounds of the correct factory ammo for your handgun (no reloads)
- Magazines (3 min) or Speed Loaders/Moon Clips (3 min)
- Quality Holster (strong side outside waistband, no shoulder or cross draw holsters)
- Sturdy pistol belt
- Magazine pouch(s)
- Weapon cleaning kit & Lube
- Hearing/eye protection
- Clothes appropriate for the season and a high altitude desert
- Long sleeve shirt & pants, (no low cut open tops that can catch hot brass)
- Closed-toed athletic/outdoor footwear
- Ball Cap
- Water bottle, water, snacks, lunch for both days
- Sunscreen & Chapstick
NOTE: exceptionally small (i.e. derringers), single action revolvers, AR pistols, or handguns of questionable quality or in questionable condition will not be appropriate for this course. We will be conducting live-fire drills, so firearms must be reliable, reloadable, and safe for use.
There are no reviews yet.